Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Flower child...

Aha! I was looking for a term this weekend to describe how I've been feeling lately. I love songs that have a peace n love feel such as my latest fave "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz and one of my long running faves "If Everyone Cared" by Nickelback. I was looking at terms like tree hugger, environmentalist and they just weren't right! Then I was talking with a friend tonight and she mentioned it.....FLOWER CHILD! Ah yes.....I was always told for years (in my teens) that I had been born in the wrong decade because I'm the classic definition of a flower child....and it has come back to me....and it is true! I love peace n harmony....I hate fighting of any kind! Although, disagreement is necessary for change to happen....it doesn't have to be a drag out fight as many of us make them these days. What a sense of calm and enlightenment came upon me when this familiar term returned to me via my friend.....ahhhh I feel home with it! Plus, I know that my purpose on this earth is to help others (although I'm still in process of discovering just the right avenue to do so) and part of that has got to be with helping people de-stress, appreciate each day and inspire them to look within for such peace that comes with such concepts. Now, I will admit I have not perfected these concepts, but each day that I'm given to practice is another opportunity to get better and better at doing so. I think that this inner desire for constant peace n love is the reason it bothers me so much when my children fight....even though I know that is precisely what siblings do....I still don't like it LOL

Hmmm....opens up a whole level of pondering and of course at the wrong time.....will have to incorporate it into dreams as it is now time to drift off to bed.

Until next time....peace n love :)~

~Hope~

No comments:

Post a Comment