Tuesday, May 26, 2009

World MS Day 5/27/09

I found out today that tomorrow, 5/27/09, is the very first World MS Day. You can check out the website at www.worldmsday.org and be sure to check out the video....pretty powerful!

I think that World MS Day will grow over the years and I will plan to get involved next year. I won't be doing anything this year since I just found out today that it will be the last Wednesday in May. However, the least we can do is register and show our support for the cause (even if we can't donate in this current economic time). While I was searching through the list of people that have registered on the website for World MS Day, I felt comforted by the fact that we truly are NOT alone in this fight!

I read that 2 million people world-wide have MS and I got to thinking about how many people are actually affected....because this illness does not affect just the person that has it. It affects those around the individual that have MS as well. For me, it directly affects my children. But then, it also affects my brother, some of my extended family (even though they aren't close), my friends and my co-workers so that would bring the count up to at least 15 people. I think if we found the number of people affected by MS and not just those that have it...that number would be astounding!

For now, I'm off to bed because I managed to get a cold over this last weekend and need as much sleep as I can muster up.

For the rest of this week, especially tomorrow, remember:
For without hope, there would be no goals and no desire to dream, believe or fight for a cure!

Until next time....
~Hope~

No comments:

Post a Comment