Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hope...

The dictionary defines hope as "to cherish a desire with anticipation"
I have this beautiful ring that says HOPE and it sits on my left hand ring finger. I often look down at it and smile, thinking to myself "it's almost as if I am married to hope". I think that we as humans get caught up in the day to day crap and forget about so many things including hope. I told someone months ago that there is always hope and got a severly negative response. This made me realize that we need to remember that our thoughts are things. If we don't believe that there is hope, there will be no hope. If we do not have hope, what are we left with? To me, hope is such a powerful message all by itself. If we have hope, anything is possible. I have actually considered changing my name to Hope because it has touched my life so strongly and feel that making the change would help empower me to inspire others. I have a long list of desires and do cherish each of them with great anticipation that they will happen. I know that many times people think I've got my head in the clouds, but I've never let go of the idea that was told me as a child by my dear mom....anything is possible! Why shouldn't we as adults continue that belief? Everyone is dealt with a different set of cards and presented with various different choices in life. We make decisions with the information we have at the time and should always continue to reach for our pure desires. Through all of my experiences and challenges, I have, at times, felt hopeless. But even though I felt hopeless, I never let go of hope and I believe that helped me deal with the severity of many things I've experienced. Plus, when things start turning around for the good, you know that your hope wasn't worthless.
For those that have hope are those that have opened the door to dream and believe.
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Ching, ching... (that was the tip of my bottle just before I downed the last taste.) You have inspired me, Tiffany. Sometimes I stretch out and luxuriate in my dark side, and that's sometimes where I don't connect with 'hope', but I do have a connection. Latey work has been such a strain, and nothing ever seems to ease up, which makes remember that I do have hope. There 'is' always hope. I like the idea of the name change if it 'feels' right to you. Heck, go for it! If you decide you wish you hadn't you can always change it right back! ~grin~ I'm off to bed for now, but couldn't resist writing. I can see your smile from here... Hugs and mooches

    ReplyDelete