Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Life's little adventures...

As I sit here away from work for one day, I think to myself how amazing this world is. I have so many wonderful women in my life, a reliable job, 2 beyond beautiful children, ability to walk~see~hear, a powerful mind and life's little adventures. I've started putting together a business model in my head for my artwork along with the beginnings of a website. I will be going out to various locations to see what the art world is all about here in this gorgeous state of Colorado with the goal of better understanding out this will work for me going forward. That's a bit of an update, what I really want to blog about today is life's little adventures. The first month of 2009 is already gone and I had several adventures. One with my health, another with my son and another with my health insurance.
Adventure 1 ~ my health...I had a follow up appointment after some testing done regarding my dizziness. The doctor was cordial, but arrogant. She began by asking me lots of questions, which was fine because I hadn't seen her since 2004. Next, we talked about the testing and how everything looked "normal" and there is no progressive hearing loss which leads her to believe that I don't have Meniere's disease, but instead have Migraine associated dizziness that is also made worse by the MS. So, I agreed to try a new medicine that is "supposed" to reduce the dizziness, but we won't know for sure until I've been on it for 2 months. I really disagree with this doctor and do think that I have Meniere's disease based on my own research and conversations with others that have been medically diagnosed with it and do not have progressive hearing loss. However, I am excited to say that I'm going to see an ENT doctor today and hopefully we can make some progress toward my mission in figuring out exactly what I have.
Adventure 2 ~ my son...this child has AD/HD and most likely ODD (we are in the process of finding a psychiatrist for this part). Due to some issues with our new health insurance, he ran out of his meds in early January and was able to restart them on 1/25....this was a very good reminder to NEVER let this happen again. He's been back on his meds for almost 10 days now and I am starting to see relief once again. Since he is only 9 (as of today)....he doesn't understand that his behavior affects my health so much so I can't blame him for that, but it has been a challenging month causing many problems with my headaches and fatigue. I am sooooo thankful that he is back on his meds!
Adventure 3 ~ my health insurance....let me start by saying UGH! First, they didn't get our ID cards to us in a timely manner....we didn't even get them until 1/23. Then, there were problems with the prescription deductible and coverage for my son's therapy and most recently the co-pay for my medicine. I am so frustrated with this AND they are not responding to my inquiry quickly. I will be out of medication this Friday and will be very unhappy if this isn't resolved today or tomorrow. Even if they do the right thing, I will be reporting this company to the insurance commissioner of Colorado for misrepresentation of coverage and poor claims handling.

What I find most interesting is that I've managed through the last month....even though I haven't been in the best mood....I have made it through. I know that more of life's little adventures are in store throughout the rest of this year and continue to believe that this is going to be an awesome year full of new beginnings.

For now I must depart for a doctor's appointment (so yes, expect a blog about the findings :) )

Until next time....

~Hope~Dream~Believe~

1 comment:

  1. Hello sweetness,

    I'm curious about the ENT. Have you heard back from them? Any new discoveries?

    Sometimes health insurance carriers stink, but after my surgery in 2004 I will never curse them again. We all need health insurance coverage.

    I'm enjoying your blog, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete